12 January, 2013

Sweet Potato Chips


I recently heard about this delicious, sweet and nutritious snack and had to give it a try. All I can say is that I have made these weekly for myself, my friends and my family. My boyfriend Pete and house sister Brittany are also big fans! These are such a great alternative to fatty, deep-fried potato chips. 

The recipe is really simple. All you need is:

  • Sweet Potato (I'm using three varities in this batch)
  • Coconut Oil (you can find it in your supermarket in the Asian cooking section)
  • Maple Syrup (I use an organic, 100% pure, maple syrup)
  • Sea Salt (Tastes great without the extra chemicals of table salt)
  • Baking tray
  • Non-stick baking paper
  • Oven

Method:

1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius (fan-forced). 
2. Chop up your sweet potato into thin wedges. I leave the skin on because it gives a bit of extra crunch! 

3. Put your raw chips into a bowl and set aside. 
4. Depending on how many people you are baking for, you need to combine 1 part coconut oil to 2 parts maple syrup. It's not super important to have the measurements exact but the chips need to be coated so that they have the sweet/salty flavours. Some of the thicker coated chips have a chewy, toffee taste. (Oh my, I can't wait until they come out of the oven!)
5. Add your coconut oil and maple mixture to the chips and toss through so that they are evenly coated. 
6. Lay down enough baking paper to cover the tray. Spread out the chips onto the tray.

7. Bake in the oven until crispy and golden (about 20-30 mins).


These make for a fantastic snack or addition to any meal. It's a great way to show some loving to that rockin' body of yours. 

Let me know what you think! 

Lots of love,

MHM xx


All credit for this idea belongs to Tara Stiles at tarastiles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment